Your Questions & Answers about widestream6
To help you take profit from the many functions and benefits that widestream6 offers, we have compiled the following selection of frequent questions and their answers. We recommend you browse the different categories.Download W6 now compatible with Windows 2000, 2003 Server, XP, Vista and 7
1General infoWhat is Widestream6?
Widestream6 is the latest and most complete version of the popular Widestream download software.
Probably yes, Widestream6 runs on all Windows operating systems starting with Windows 2000. Unfortunately, older versions such as Windows 98 or 95 are not supported.
No, Widestream6 does not cost anything so go ahead and download it right now.
No. Widestream6 is a download manager that, amongst many other functionalities, helps to organize and boost your downloads. It does not enable P2P file sharing nor can it download torrent files.
2Install / UninstallDoes Widestream6 work on a Mac or a PC with Linux?
No, sorry, for the moment Widestream6 does not run on any Mac or Linux operating systems.
The easiest thing is to visit the Download page. On this page the download process is explained in detailed steps.
You have 2 options to start Widestream6:
1. After completing the installation, you will see a Widestream6 shortcut icon on your desktop. Double click on the icon to launch Widestream6.
2. Go to the Start menu and select Widestream6 from there.
You have 2 options to uninstall Widestream6:
1. The first is go to the Start menu -> All Programs -> Widestream6 -> Uninstall.
2. By using the "Add and Remove Programs" option of the Windows Control Panel.
3FunctionalityWhat can I use Widestream6 for?
Widestream6 contains 3 main functions;
1. Download manager that organises and boosts your downloads.
2. FTP manager for accessing FTP servers and easy downloading of files.
3. Host manager for storing your passwords for different sites.
The only thing you need to do is download and install Widestream on your PC. Once you have completed the installation, you can open the application via the Start menu or the desktop icon and get connected.
Once you have installed the software you can always change language. Widestream6 comes in 6 languages (UK/ES/DE/IT/FR/PT) and will be installed by default with all 6 languages. If you would like to change language, just go to the Tools > Options in the main menu of the application. This will option the control panel and on the first page you are presented with the option to change language.
To get more information on how to get started with Widestream6, please click here to visit the About w6 page. On this page you will find a detailed description of all the functionalities of the software.